Friday, October 14, 2011

Trooper Trek, Donate to help a good cause




Welcome to Troopertrek 2011
16 Feb 11 21:22 PM
posted by Jacob French
In 2011 I aim to walk from Perth to Sydney to raise awareness and money for the Starlight Foundation and because I believe I can do it in Stormtrooper armour. Follow and comment my progress on twitter or facebook by searching for "troopertrek"

Starting in July 2011 I aim to walk from Perth (Western Australia) to Sydney (New South Wales). Over the course of the trek I will cross 4 states and cover approximately 5000km's in modified stormtrooper armour. The plan for now is to push a lightweight buggy with needed supplies an average distance of 35-40km's for 5 days a week until the trek is complete.

I am a member of the worldwide "501st Legion", a volunteer organisation that wears quality star wars outfits for Star Wars related events and as a means to contribute to their local communities through charity work. My involvement with the 501st Legion has been a fantastic experience and I have had plenty of opportunities to put on my suit of armour and entertain the public.

In October 2010 I participated in the RunMelb Half marathon (21kms) in my stormtrooper suit. The suit was restrictive and got quite hot while I was running, but the seed was planted for the troopertrek idea. Since the marathon I have started to train regularly for this event and have acquired a much lighter and flexible set of armour that will be trimmed for better movement. I am hoping that by choosing to wear stormtrooper armour I will be able to gather more attention for the cause I am running for and have a bit of a laugh along the way. If there are any social events along the route that you think might benefit from having a stormtrooper attend, let me know!

“TK-6283 “
Jacob French

Link to website, click here


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment